Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - EditorialLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 156466BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Turner Sports is seeking an energetic and versatile editorial sports intern for NCAA Digital. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain experience in digital sports journalism as well as gain an expectation of what the day-to-day work is like.
What will you be doing?
- NCAA Digital Editorial interns write, edit and produce original content for NCAA Digital covering all 90 NCAA championships.
- In this role, you'll be asked to produce a wide range of work - from the very basic publishing of wire stories, press releases and weekly polls to generating your own original stories.
- You'll learn how to best lure readers with effective headlines and teases for all delivery - desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners.
- You'll be asked to write quick daily "buzz" posts across a variety of subjects.
- You'll develop a strong understanding of social networking sites and how they can help us reach more readers as well as help develop stories.
- You may be asked to cover NCAA Championships on site for the website and digital products.
- We're looking for someone ready to keep his or her feet moving and work independently.
- Enthusiasm, risk-taking and collaboration are highly valued.
- It's also important that you're versatile, and able to adapt to the fast changing digital landscape.
- This job will require regular weekend work and nights. NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
- In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
- All candidates must be recent graduates of a four-year NCAA member institution. Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution
- Strong college athletics knowledge with background in sports journalism
- Extensive social media experience
- Passion for sports and digital media
- Excellent editing skills and knowledge of AP style
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working under pressure
- Experience working for media organization or student web/print publication
- Basic Photoshop and HTML skills a plus
- NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
- This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field.
- This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 30, 2017 - June 29, 2018).
- The deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.