You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
NCAA Digital Post-Grad Intern - Marketing & PRLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168240BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
NCAA Digital brings to life one of the world's biggest sporting events for millions of fans every year - March Madness. Turner's partnership with the NCAA encompasses products, content, and experiences across every possible platform - from iPhones to Facebook, and everything in between. Beyond March Madness, NCAA Digital covers 90 NCAA Championships for passionate college sports fans - including exciting events like the Frozen Four and College World Series. We're looking for exceptional post-graduate interns excited about working in college sports and eager to learn the world of digital media.
What will you be doing?
- The NCAA Digital Marketing and Public Relations departments take care of getting the message and the accomplishments of NCAA Digital out to the public in a variety of different ways, utilizing both traditional and social media.
- The NCAA Digital Marketing/Public Relations Intern will provide support to the marketing, strategic insights and public relations teams.
- This will include assisting with development and execution of marketing and advertising plans; research as needed; assisting with development of creative requests, schedules, timing and deliverables.
- PR duties include preparing the company's daily media highlights report (press clips), managing databases, compiling game notes, developing newsletters, as well as drafting news releases, talent biographies, media lists and other strategic PR documents.
- Other PR responsibilities will include special projects as laid out by the Director of Communications, along with being an active participant in weekly PR team meetings and serving as a liaison on various projects between the NCAA Digital Interns and the Turner Sports PR team.
- NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
- In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
- NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
- This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field.
- This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 29, 2019 through June 26, 2020). The deadline to apply is Monday, April 8, 2019.
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution
- Strong knowledge of college athletics
- Social media experience
- Passion for media
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who can perform nimbly and calmly under pressure.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS