You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
NCAA Digital Post-Grad Intern - EditorialLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168239BR Apply Now
Turner Sports is seeking an energetic and versatile editorial sports intern for NCAA Digital. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain experience in digital sports journalism as well as gain an expectation of what the day-to-day work is like.
What will you be doing?
- NCAA Digital Editorial interns write, edit and produce original content for NCAA Digital covering all 90 NCAA championships.
- In this role, you'll be asked to produce a wide range of work - from the very basic publishing of wire stories, press releases and weekly polls to generating your own original stories.
- You'll learn how to best lure readers with effective headlines and teases for all delivery - desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners.
- You'll be asked to write quick daily "buzz" posts across a variety of subjects.
- You'll develop a strong understanding of social networking sites and how they can help us reach more readers as well as help develop stories.
- You may be asked to cover NCAA Championships on site for the website and digital products.
- We're looking for someone ready to keep his or her feet moving and work independently.
- Enthusiasm, risk-taking and collaboration are highly valued. It's also important that you're versatile, and able to adapt to the fast-changing digital landscape.
- This job will require regular weekend work and nights.
- All candidates must be recent graduates of a four-year NCAA member institution. Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
- In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
- NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
- This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 29, 2019 through June 26, 2020). The deadline to apply is Monday, April 8, 2019.
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution
- Strong college athletics knowledge with background in sports journalism
- Extensive social media experience
- Passion for sports and digital media
- Excellent editing skills and knowledge of AP style
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working under pressure
- Experience working for media organization or student web/print publication
- Basic Photoshop and HTML skills a plus
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS