Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Music Licensing Coordinator (Paralegal)Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 166868BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This position will provide support to the Turner Music Group which handles business affairs and legal issues related to music for all Turner networks and divisions worldwide, e.g., TNT, TBS, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV, CNN
This position will:
- Assume project manager role to supervise, track, follow-up, update and analyze Music Group business affairs initiatives to increase revenues, decrease costs, and improve efficiencies related to music across the company;
- Review and analyze music use data across the company;
- Communicate regularly with business clients, publishers, record labels, music libraries, and legal and corporate services colleagues regarding our music needs and usage;
- Educate clients and providing advice related to music issues;
- Help to implement and use new Music Group technology platforms including media asset management system, publishing software, and music clearance software;
- Interpret and track contractual rights, restrictions and obligations; and
- Assume other responsibilities as position and needs may evolve over time.
- In addition, this position may also assist with drafting, negotiating and managing contracts and legal documents related to music, such as live performance agreements, license agreements, musician agreements, and other music agreements, as well as providing contract administration support to the Music Group.
- This position will report directly to the Head of the Music Group and will frequently have direct contact with clients and third parties.
- College degree preferred.
- Three to five years professional experience desired.
- May consider relevant work experience in lieu of professional experience or college degree.
- Must be a fast learner with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where meeting deadlines is a priority and handling multiple matters simultaneously is the norm.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Familiarity with music business is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, initiative and ability to work autonomously while remaining a collaborative and supportive member of the team.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS