CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Master Control SWAT OperatorLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171692BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN Master Control SWAT Operators are the leaders of the department acting as a front line for equipment failure, media management, and training for the department as a whole. MC SWAT supports the management team through involvement in projects and acting as representatives of the department in planning meetings. We are the first group in when it comes to developing, testing and documenting processes, workflow and Standard Operating Procedures.
We are a self-directed team, making our own schedules week by week in order to cover PTO and UTO across all networks. However, there's another level of expectation for a SWAT operator: We must also stand as an example to our peers concerning proper SOP execution, partnership with clients, disaster recovery and decisive action. SWAT MCOs not only embrace change but commonly lead the charge for the entire department, mastering new equipment and training our peers to ensure the best possible performance.
- Oversee playout of all live news programs, breaking news and original programming across all CNN channels
- Manage media for all incoming programming both live and server-based
- Collaborate with multiple partners to deliver product seen around the world on any device
- Create and organize procedural documentation, presentations and videos as well as take the lead on all departmental training/on-boarding
- College degree or equivalent prior experience
- Three to five years of master control or live production experience and/or consistent above average performance in CNN master controls
- You're a news junkie across any platform
- Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Project team experience
- Other live production experience in control room or studio environments
- Fluency in Spanish
- Digital/web design background
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS