Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Managing Applications ArchitecLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167631BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Managing Architect is a technical software architect and leader of software developers. The Managing Architect leads the design, architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of complex, large-scale, mission critical business systems, enabling the department to deliver world-class solutions that position Turner as a leader in the marketplace. The Managing Architect is responsible for mentoring and leading a team of software developers as well as implementing and supporting software development best practices. The Managing Architect also participates in the evaluation and recommendation of strategic technology solutions for the enterprise
- Lead, manage and mentor application development professionals on product development teams to increase organizational skill levels in support of the division's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Direct the work of others and perform hands-on coding, testing, support, or other tasks to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements.
- Recruits and retains top talent.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
- Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability. - Lead, negotiate, and facilitate the development and implementation of software solutions across technology and business areas.
- Assess project requirements, assign and manage individuals to each project/major development while ensuring quality of product and services.
- Coordinate and manage code reviews.
- Assist management with the planning and unifying of projects and deliverables as requested. Assess and plan for project or organizational changes, recommending and implementing appropriate modifications under the advisement of senior management.
- Work with key managers and business analysts to discern business needs and identify where architecture contributions can impact the overall success of business improvement solutions.
- Lead in exemplifying support of business goals and cultural environment.
- Assist and support employees with growth plan, coordinating department cross training to enhance individual strengths.
- Oversee employee performance and discipline matters, working closely with director on compensatory, recognition, transfers, promotions and other employee related issues. –
- Establish and implement ways to continue to provide quality solutions to meet business need, while reducing overall cost.
- Assist management with the selection of a technology solution that is in alignment with enterprise-wide architecture/technology, creation of cost and time estimates, task identification, and sequencing of project events.
- Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems.
- Work with other technology groups (e.g., QA, CM, server operations, desk side support) to implement changes.
- Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs
- Research, monitor, evaluate, and publish/teach groups regarding emerging technologies and trends internal and external to the organization on a regular basis.
- Recommend long-term technology solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, business needs, and strategic success of the organization
- Conduct information-sharing and/or teaching sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming initiative.
- BS/MS/MBA in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education, training, or experience
- More than 10 years of full life cycle software development experience.
- At least 5 years web development experience.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, especially agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the architect role across multiple, technically complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications across the development life cycle.
- Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs-
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of databases (e.g., MongoDB and SQL Server).
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of network systems hardware and software practice and technology.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS