CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Manager, Experimentation & A/B Testing- CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175179BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
Follow us on , and .
We are looking to hire a Manager, Experimentation on the Consumer Science team at CNN Digital. A successful candidate will help identify highest areas of impact and lead A/B and multivariate testing strategy, experiment design, prioritization, results analysis, and insights communication in close partnership with cross-functional web and app teams. He/she will define both long-term roadmap and manage day-to-day strategy and execution of A/B testing efforts. He/She must be confident and capable in a fast-paced and evolving digital media environment and be passionate about data-driven decision making. This position requires forward-thinking, endless curiosity, creativity, strong analytical skills, expertise on A/B testing platforms and best practices, and excellent communication and time management skills.
- Championing and evangelizing test and learn methods and best practices, from opportunity discovery, through qualitative and quantitative testing, with a frequent iterative approach.
- Providing and leading A/B and multivariate testing strategy and ongoing coaching and education for supported cross-functional teams
- Promoting cross-team cooperation and communication of ideas, strategies, best practices and learned insights.
- Managing end-to-end experimentation process with supported cross-functional teams including: prioritization, documentation, experiment design, hypothesis definition, KPI selection, requirements gathering, experiment coordination
- Working cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypothesizes, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations through a rigorous data-driven process
- Identifying experiment-related product, technical, and analytics requirements to ensure proper execution and tracking of experiments
- Sizing and scoping testing opportunities and determining potential impact of ideas
- Owning the experiment results analysis and communicate insights and recommendations to cross-functional group of stakeholders
- Working with Experiment Analyst to evaluate the data from multiple sources to communicate insights and recommendations to cross-functional group of stakeholders and senior leadership
- Collaborating with Data Science, when relevant, on further and deeper analysis of experiment results
- Acting as air traffic controller to avoid test collisions and ensure validity of results
- Contributing to the development and enforcement of process, procedure, and governance of testing program
- Maintaining, managing, and monitoring operational status of supported experiment queues, build roadmaps, test schedules, and in-flight tests
- 3+ years of digital optimization and A/B and multivariate testing experience, serving as subject matter expert
- Passionate about deriving insights; intellectually curious and inquisitive
- Exceptional ability to synthesize multiple inputs (analytics, qualitative and quantitative insights, business direction) to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the organization
- Change agent; not afraid to challenge the status quo, dealing constructively with disagreement
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver complex messages to diverse audiences
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to multi-task with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing platforms and solid testing principles, preferably Optimizely
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Interest in working in a lean environment within a large organization, where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis methods required
- Have a solid foundation of statistical and data science concepts
- Knowledge of key digital media KPI
- Experience working in a data environment that is large and complex - Solid understanding of qualitative testing practices
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, eg Adobe Analytics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong expertise in website or app instrumentation in a media environment
- Proficiency in statistical calculations in relation to A/B testing
- Tableau, Python, R, or similar statistical, visualization and/or dashboarding tools is a plus
- Knowledge of the digital media space, including the digital business models and the display advertising business is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS