Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Manager of Cloud ComputingLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169808BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia delivers brands like HBO, CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe.https://www.warnermediagroup.com/
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us onInstagram, Twitter and Facebook
This position will play a key role in the management of our EIS Enterprise Private Cloud team responsible for supporting and scaling compute infrastructure for WarnerMedia brands like CNN, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, TCM, Warner Bros, and more. An accomplished technical leader is required to oversee technology design, implementation, capacity planning/scaling, and operations within multiple sites globally.
- Manage the team of Engineers & Administrators of a 24x7x365 operation whose primary duties include: systems management and provisioning, front-line handling of product, system, and application alerts, troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance optimization
- Project level involvement will vary to include, but not limited to the following: high-level designs, technology assessment, technical architecture review, staff & resources, implementation/deployment schedules, financial estimates and tracking/recording/reporting, disaster recovery, business continuity planning
- Responsible for creating and maintaining standard operating procedures to be followed in this area of operations, including the escalation of reported issues
- Develop tools to automate manual procedures and increase efficiency
- Buildout of systems and platforms to support scaling of existing environments, new applications, and initiatives, leveraging existing and new automation frameworks
- Oversee continuous improvement and optimization of monitoring and analytics systems.
- Lead team and cross-team meetings
- Manage assignments for on-call and frontline duties
- Ensure adherence to production change control policies, identifying opportunities for process improvement and overall efficiency
- Cross-train team members to prevent knowledge and expertise gaps and single points-of-failure
- Partner with other teams to ensure the infrastructure required to support new applications and capacity expansions are ready in-advance
- Ensure infrastructure technology projects incorporate appropriate planning, technical analysis, budgets, and resource management in order to meet deadlines and objectives
- Prepare and communicate status and performance reports to staff and other management teams
- Function as the virtualization capacity planning expert and leader at Warner Media
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or commensurate real-world experience or a minimum of 5 years' experience managing virtualization across full compute stack
- Experience managing a 24x7x365 technical operations team across the globe
- Experience in managing private & public cloud environments
- Proficiency in vendor management and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated success in project/planning management in a high-volume transaction environment, to include installation and support of core data center infrastructure
- Exposure to Quality Management principles, including zero-defect production, Six-Sigma, continuous improvement models or equivalent QM philosophies
- Expertise in operational management of problem resolution under ITIL frameworks
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies: VMWare, Windows Server, RHEL, F5, Cisco, IIS, SQL, OneView, VSAN, ServiceNow, Microsoft System Center, LAN/WAN
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS