Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Manager of Cloud ComputingLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169808BR Apply Now
EIS is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! https://www.wantermediagroup.com/
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia!https://www.instagram.com/warnermediagroup
https://twitter.com/WarnerMediaGrp / https://www.facebook.com/WarnerMediaGroup
This position will play a key role in the management of our EIS Enterprise Private Cloud team responsible for supporting and scaling compute infrastructure for WarnerMedia brands like CNN, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, TCM, Warner Bros, and more. An accomplished technical leader is required to oversee technology design, implementation, capacity planning/scaling, and operations within multiple sites globally. Oversees daily activities of 24x7x365 operation teams. Responsible for creating and maintaining internal procedures to be followed in this area of operations, including the escalation of reported issues. Responsible for ensuring quality and performance of service levels to the client base. Must be familiar with industry standard hardware development processes and next generation of cloud compute.
- Manage a team of Engineers & Administrators whose primary duties include: systems management and provisioning, front-line handling of product, system, and application alerts, troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance optimization.
- Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developing tools to automate manual procedures and increase efficiency.
- Buildout of systems and platforms to support scaling of existing environments, new applications, and initiatives, leveraging existing and new automation frameworks.
- Continuous improvement and optimization of monitoring and analytics systems.
- Lead team and cross-team meetings.
- Manage assignments for on-call and frontline duties.
- Ensure that critical events and incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to production change control policies, identifying opportunities for process improvement and overall efficiency.
- Cross-train team members to prevent knowledge and expertise gaps and single points-of-failure.
- Work closely with partner teams to ensure that infrastructure required to support new applications and capacity expansions are ready well in-advance of need.
- Accountable for ensuring that infrastructure technology projects incorporate appropriate planning, technical analysis, budgets, and resource management in order to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Project level involvement will vary to include, but not limited to the following: high-level designs, technology assessment, technical architecture review, staff & resources, implementation/deployment schedules, financial estimates and tracking/recording/reporting, disaster recovery, business continuity planning.
- Develop and implement processes and ensures that established policies and procedures are followed for consistency.
- Keeps upper management informed about what is happening in the organization concerning outages.
- Ensure all issues follow necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
- Foster appropriate training to improve operational efficiencies.
- Continually analyze workload efficiency of staff to redesign work flows and recommend required staffing levels to management when necessary.
- Prepare and communicate status and performance reports to staff and other management teams.
- Provides leadership, manages diverse technology staff to effectively accomplish goals.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing virtualization across full compute stack.
- Experience managing a 24x7x365 technical operations team across the globe.
- Experience in managing private & public cloud environments.
- Supporting application migrations to private and public cloud offerings.
- Successful leader and team builder throughout.
- Solid management and leadership capabilities.
- Worked with multiple vendors and negotiated various technology contracts.
- Worked with operation teams (networking, storage, servers) to install & support core infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success in project/planning management in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Exposure to Quality Management principles, including zero-defect production, Six-Sigma, continuous improvement models or equivalent QM philosophies.
- Significant experience with operational management of problem resolution under ITIL frameworks.
- VMWare, Windows Server, RHEL, F5, Cisco, IIS, SQL, OneView, VSAN, ServiceNow, Microsoft System Center.
- Familiar with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- LAN/WAN experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with running a front line 24x7 operations team and developing the staff, tools, SOPs and processes required for a high-volume site.
- Function as the virtualization capacity planning expert and leader at Warner Media.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Data Center infrastructure project management experience.
- Core Infrastructure (Network, Storage, and Security) project management experience.
- Strong skills in staff mentoring and building a successful operations team based on processes and operational efficiencies where they can be used to improve the service offering, expansion operation support roles and cost savings.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Documenting critical processes.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to develop and lead teams.
- Experience designing work flows or processes around mixed skill sets.
- Ability to work collaboratively to define strategies, innovate and manage technical solutions.
- Strong business acumen, managerial, organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to leadership and management.
- Must be able to work independently and make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, product and operations groups.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service whether internally or externally.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or commensurate real-world experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS