CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sales Marketing Manager, CNNLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161757BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
Support overall marketing strategy and plans to drive new business for CNN Collection (footage licensing division of CNN) and CNN Newsource (local news affiliate business) via lead generation/nurturing + relationship marketing to existing clients.
- Develop marketing approaches to reach target industry verticals, (NEW) including proven ability to lead marketing campaigns from start to finish. Adapt overall brand message to fit specific audience channels.
- Write marketing copy suitable for business clients and prospects in a variety of placements including e-newsletters, banner copy, site copy, promotional communication, and other materials as needed.
- Develop regular e-newsletters with engaging content to market to our in-house database and drive new purchase activity.
- Work with Sales directly to build a strong relationship between Marketing and Sales. Work with Operations/Editors closely to build a strong relationship between Marketing and Operations. Manage the inbound leads from the sites, routing to proper sales executives.
- Create sales collateral and thought leadership pieces to support sales efforts.
- Manage content for two websites: CNNCollection.com and CNN.com/Newsource - ensuring up-to-date content, collateral and videos.
- Identify key events to sponsor and showcase the CNN Collection and CNN Newsource, managing the execution and activation of booths, sponsorships, panel participation, etc. Identify industry lead gen listing services for us to join. Pitch our sales leaders for earned media opportunities, such as industry trade pub articles, keynotes, and panel participation at key events.
What do we require from you?
- 4-year degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an agency or B2B marketing setting
- Basic knowledge of the media landscape
- An aptitude for business copywriting and creative thinking.
- A self-starter, problem solver and a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills. Photoshop skills always preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS