CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Manager, Product Optimization & Multivariate TestingLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169157BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
We are hiring a Manager, App Optimization and Testing to coordinate and implement our native app and OTT testing program. The successful candidate will drive our A/B and multivariate testing strategy, design experiments, implement, track, analyze results and communicate insights.
He/She will work very closely with the cross-functional app team to prioritize, design and coordinate the execution of experiments. This position requires strong analytics skills, experience with A/B testing platforms and best practices, and excellent communication skills. The App Optimization and Testing Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Optimization and Testing on the Audience Development & Analytics team at CNN Digital.
This role is primarily responsible for supporting AB and multivariate Testing efforts on CNN Apps. Partner with the Product, Research, Design, Editorial, Business and other stakeholders to define, implement and track experiments on CNN Digital apps, including OTT, analyze the test results, and make recommendations for future action.
- Develop and implement our app testing program
- Provide A/B and multivariate testing strategy, business requirements and execution
- Work with cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of optimized web experiences
- Manage the end-to-end testing process including experiment design, KPI selection, requirements gathering, coordination of test execution, and success measurement
- Maintain the operational status of all assigned testing queues, monitor roadmaps, test schedules, in-flight tests, and provide recommendations to Product and Editorial teams
- Perform weekly testing analysis and updates, ad hoc requests, and queue maintenance
- 3+ years of digital optimization and A/B multivariate testing experience
- Strong understanding of experiment design and both statistics
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing platforms and solid testing principles, preferably Apptimize and/or Optimizely
- Strong understanding of both statistics and regression required
- Knowledge of key digital media KPIs
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, eg Adobe Analytics/Omniture
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to multi-task with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Strong expertise in website or app instrumentation in a media environment
- Proficiency in statistical calculations in relation to A/B testing
- Tableau, Python, R, or similar statistical, visualization and/or dashboarding tools is a plus
- He/She should have a passion for data and be able to analyze content performance and audience behavior
- Knowledge of the digital media space, including the digital business models and the display advertising business is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS