Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Manager, Application Security Vulnerability ManagementLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171544BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
You will ensure all identified web application security vulnerabilities and insecure configurations associated with web applications are addressed. You will manage the resources and activities associated with AppSec vulnerabilities, as well as, build sustainable processes, develop and grow the team, and serve as a voice for web application security.
- Collaborates with development teams throughout WarnerMedia to effectively remediate risks associated with web application security
- Owns the AppSec vulnerability management program for all web applications at WarnerMedia
- Responsible for architecting and maintaining the AppSec vulnerability management processes within the organization
- Promotes secure coding practices amongst developers
- Oversees and performs analysis of web application vulnerability reports
- Develops and prioritizes risk based remediation plans for web application security vulnerabilities within responsible teams
- Oversees remediation of container security vulnerabilities and vulnerable dependencies
- Define requirements for and manage the bug bounty program within WarnerMedia
- Define scope for penetration testing and ongoing appsec testing initiatives
- Performs analysis of newly discovered threats and identifies application security specific risks that may exist within WarnerMedia
- Develops and coordinates containment plans for newly identified vulnerabilities that may create a risk for the organization
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of appsec vulnerability risk as it relates to the organization
- Provides executive briefings of appsec risks that exist to the organization
- Performs analysis of newly identified appsec vulnerabilities and insecure configurations and provides executive level analysis and recommendations
- Manages a team of appsec vulnerability management analysts
- Performs all aspects of employee development, working to ensure employee growth and retention
- Develops and maintains employee development plans
- Responsible for ensuring spending is within budget allocation
- Provides input in the forecasting for yearly budgeting
- Responsible for negotiating solution pricing with vendors
- Performs recruiting activities, candidate interviews and selection
- Mentors and trains staff in vulnerability management and awareness
- Prioritization of vulnerabilities, attack techniques, tool/exploit development, intelligence analysis and adversarial tactics
- 5+ years experience as a manager with emphasis on Application Development and/or IT Security
- 2-5 years of cyber security experience specifically working in the information security field
- Expert level knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of security industry standards and leading practices (e.g. PCI, NIST, CIS, CVSS, CVSSv3). Knowledge of enterprise and open source vulnerability identification solutions
- Must be able to simplify security and technical concepts for teams within our business and technology teams
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of work streams simultaneously, and under deadline
- Ability to utilize best in class practices and determine best remediation path
- Expert knowledge of OWASP and SANS testing methodologies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS