CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Line Producer - CNN - Newsroom Weekend AfternoonLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171731BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
What do we need from you?
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
- Ability to produce quality work quickly. Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful
- This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS