Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Legal AssistantLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166417BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. Turner's consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, tbs, TNT, Cartoon Network, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, NCAA March Madness & PGA Tour.
This Legal Assistant position will provide advanced support to members of the Legal Department in the Employment Group.
- Drafting, processing and transmitting a high volume of domestic and international form agreements.
- Drafting legal and business correspondence.
- Maintaining and administering accurate files, documents and databases.
- Functioning efficiently as a key member of the team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion in an environment where s/he will have access to confidential information.
- Maintaining business calendars, coordinating meetings with internal and external individuals, making travel arrangements, tracking travel expenses, answering telephone calls and other administrative tasks.
- High school education with advanced level training including four (4) to six (6) years of office experience or a minimum of three (3) years of legal secretarial or paralegal experience.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience in the support of lawyers or high-level corporate executives preferred.
- Law firm / in-house corporate legal experience a plus. Experience supporting attorneys or paralegals in the practice of employment law a plus.
- Aptitude for learning proprietary software as well as web-based data management and reporting tools.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage client demands appropriately and work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is the norm.
- Must have extreme attention to detail.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate with members of the team, the Legal Department, other Turner departments as well as outside vendors and clients.
- Must have the initiative and ability to work autonomously while remaining a strong, supportive and collaborative member of the team.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS