Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Legal AssistantLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167865BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. Turner's consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, tbs, TNT, Cartoon Network, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, and NCAA March Madness.
This position provides advanced administrative support to the attorneys and paralegals of the Legal Department in the Litigation Group.
The position will require handling various administrative tasks (such as calendaring, coordinating schedules, and searching electronic files), as well as maintaining and administering accurate electronic and hard copy files and documents, and using various databases for the Litigation Group.
This position involves:
- Maintaining calendars for the team, including, for example, organizing and coordinating meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements;
- Managing hard copy and electronic files, spreadsheets and databases;
- Assisting with database searching, printing, copying, scanning, mailing and other administrative tasks;
- Preparing, proofreading, and managing correspondence;
- Communicating effectively with members of the Legal Department and other Turner departments as well as outside vendors and clients;
- Functioning efficiently and as a key member of a team that operates in a fast-paced environment will be critical to the success of the person filling this position
- This position requires either: a high school education with at least four (4) to six (6) years of general office experience or a minimum of three (3) years of legal secretarial or paralegal experience, OR a college education with a minimum of one (1) year of office experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and calendar management skills are required.
- Familiarity with PACER, eCounsel, and iManage products (such as WorkSite or FileSite) is preferred.
- Experience in the support of lawyers or high-level corporate executives preferred.
- Law firm/in-house corporate legal experience is a plus, and experience supporting multiple attorneys and/or paralegals in the practice area of litigation law is preferred.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to understand and manage client demands while working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is the norm.
- Must have the initiative and ability to work autonomously while remaining a strong and supportive member of the team.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS