Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Lead Systems/Software Developer (Video Services) - CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169711BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
Video Platform – Build infrastructure on AWS, video player build or integration of open source, implementation of advanced ad integration (header bidding, etc.). Innovate video experiences or novel integrations into multimedia content such as interactive stories.
You will be joining a horizontal and cross functional team cross functional team responsible for supporting all-thing-video for CNN Digital, which includes development, oversight, and coordination of our video workflows, playback and data. Our team is responsible for:
- Creating industry leading digital video solutions that provide the highest technical quality, lighting-fast performance and engaging experience across all CNN Digital properties
- Delivering live and on demand video streams for all our platforms
- Delivering video players that provide the best experience to our users, considering the form factor, device and network connectivity
- Creating and maintaining video workflows and data tools that support an efficient and authoritative delivery of video assets and metadata
- Maintaining and lead a video product roadmap across all product lines
- Set organization-wide experience and technical video standards
- Support our product teams to integrate video into their end products
- Coordinate across the organization teams involved in the video delivery chain, including Editorial, Production, Ads, Product, Design, and Technology
- Serve as subject-matter resource for current and future state and trends in the digital video landscape
We are looking for a video expert that can help us drive the evolution of our ecosystem who is familiar with industry's current state that can be ready to get hands-on the first day. Your key responsibilities:
- Implement monitoring tools for video and workflow infrastructure
- Designs of video workflows for publishing, metadata, encoding and delivery for live and video on demand
- Develop APIs to provide video metadata to support content management systems, analytics, and client-side players
- Consult with product and technology teams for the implementation and troubleshooting of video solutions
- Build infrastructure on AWS, video player build or integration of open source, implementation of advanced ad integration (header bidding, etc.)
- Innovate video experiences or novel integrations into multimedia content such as interactive stories
- 3+ years of experience working on streaming video products
- Experience with video streaming standards, e.g. HLS, CMAF, FMP4, MPEG-DASH
- Experience with audio and video codecs and protection technologies (DRM), e.g. H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, AAC, Fairplay, Widevine
- Experience with Dynamic Ad Insertion technologies, e.g. CSAI, SSAI, VAST, MOAT
- Experience with backend programing in NodeJS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with video tools, e.g. Media validators and QC tools, FFMPEG
- Experience working on video back-end data and workflow applications
- Experience with CDN and Video Cloud Services, e.g. AWS, Akamai, iStreamPlanet
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
- Advanced Computer Science degree or comparable experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS