Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Lead Systems/Software Developer (Machine Learning) - CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169717BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence products. Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications. ML Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. You can design and build web scale distributed systems. You are passionate about data science and machine learning. You are excited about recommender systems and comfortable reading research papers, interacting with data scientists and implementing ml algorithms from proof of concept to production. Additionally, you understand the constraints of working with a growing team and thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes scrappy. You understand that serving a user-facing model comes with a set of restrictions and you know how to be creative to solve them. Finally, you are business focused and proactively thinking about new projects that could have a high impact result for the company.
We value: - Team player - Problem solver - Radical candor - Testing rigor - Humilityf this sounds like you, please apply!
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Design and develop machine learning systems for data scientist to create, train and deploy ML models
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field requirements
- Proven experience as a ML Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics and classification techniques towards real product and problems
- Ability to write robust code in Python or Java or equivalent modern programming language
- Proficiency in SQL, big data technologies and working with large data sets
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Works independently, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep curiosity and a demonstrated ability to craft original solutions
- Highly communicative with collaborators and manager
- Proactive in seeking opportunities for innovation
- Designed and built web scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Experience in the media industry with an interest in CNN and the news
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS