Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Lead Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167483BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be a part of an exciting new MSS Video Reliability Engineering team to help Turner design and build resilient and highly available video systems. You will work with DevOps teams to define availability goals, identify recovery procedures and make improvements to increase the stability and availability of video applications and infrastructure.
You will build, maintain and support web services and production architectures with specific attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and implementation.
This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about technology and product development, who can thrive in a fast-paced organization, and who has a can-do attitude.
- Analysis and design of fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable video systems.
- Work with project teams to achieve high availability in live and VOD video workflow designs and build documentation.
- Partnership with infrastructure operations teams to improve system design and configuration and operating procedures and documentation to improve system stability and recoverability. Support and mentor application teams to build and adapt to scalable, resilient and highly available systems.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technical recovery documentation.
- Represent the team in large-scale technical projects, working with Turner staff (developers, operations staff, project managers, customers, etc.) and vendors to gather requirements, determine solutions, and then implement those solutions.
- Software development tasks include: coding, testing, debugging, documenting, peer-reviewing, deploying, monitoring, and support.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, operations staff, product managers, and project managers.
- Spend time learning new skills and staying ahead of industry trends and innovations.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting application and configuration failures, including systematic analyses of complex problems and issues and developing and implementing recommended solutions.
- Provide operational 3rd tier support for application needs; this includes weekend and off hours support.
- Daily monitoring of the ticket queue, performing analysis of problems across multiple systems and groups
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Unix or Linux system administration at scale.
- Experience working with third party encoding vendors such as Elemental, Harmonic, Telestream, Ateme, etc.
- Experience with ffmpeg, gstreamer, and other video centric open source tools
- Strong knowledge of media delivery through Content Delivery Networks
- Experience with production support level applications (working with ticketing systems, customers, change control systems, quality control, etc.)
- Change Management systems experience (Git,CVS, SubVersion)
- Experience with docker containers
- Experience with reading and writing multiple programming languages, especially python, NodeJS, Java, C++, Perl, PHP, or ruby
- Strong sense of software and system design principles and domain modeling.
- Experience with document or relational database design.
- Experience in Media Technology is a strong plus
- Experience with Cloud Services (especially AWS) is a strong plus
- High motivation, eagerness, curiosity and desire to develop products using cutting edge technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- Takes initiative and is self-directed
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS