Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
IT Business ConsultantLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172110BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The BEST META Service Strategy Team is looking for an IT Business Consultant to lead our Demand Management, new initiative planning, and project prioritization efforts for the Technology Infrastructure Services team. TIS provides Networking & Security along with Compute & Storage capabilities and solutions for content creation and video production teams across WarnerMedia News & Sports and WarnerMedia Entertainment. This position also serves as an expert Business Analyst, providing leadership and best practices across our BA practice. You will drive our project initiation, demand management and prioritization processes within the department. You will facilitate discussions around what needs to happen and who needs to be involved, and work with business and technology stakeholders to resolve priority and resource conflicts. You will partner with engineering and technology leads across WarnerMedia to understand their long-range planning roadmaps and identify where the Infrastructure team will play a role. You will manage the project backlog and partner with Project Managers on the handoff from your planning phases to their execution phases. You will also serve as an expert Business Analyst to elicit requirements and build business justifications, with a focus on how these new proposals create value in our business.
- Onboarding and facilitating initial discovery for new projects
- Organizing, managing and prioritizing the TIS project backlog
- Managing the handoff of projects from the Planning phase to the Execution phase
- Collaborating with the business analysis team to define scope and gather requirements, driving the elicitation of requirements via best analytical practices
- Eliciting input from architects, engineers, project managers, business leaders and other project stakeholders, wrangling the effort to gain feedback and consensus on a design or solution
- Facilitating prioritization conversations and conflict resolution to ensure we are working on the most important things at the right times
- Building strong, trusting, collaborative relationships with business and technology stakeholders
- Partnering with Service Strategy Manager to facilitate long range planning
- Championing best practices and influencing departmental changes and enhancements to processes
- Facilitating the customer's understanding of the solution design and implementation life cycle and manage expectations accordingly. Facilitate the customer's understanding of the workflow and downstream impact to consumers.
- Providing project management as needed for projects, including project planning, project budget oversight, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relations and team leadership.
- You are a process guru with experience in creating, modifying and owning new processes
- At least six years combined functional and technical business experience
- Minimum three years information technology experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the various aspects of the Analyst role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom, third party and in-house developed applications.
- Ability to work as a part of a self-directed team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Ability to make a strong first impression and build trust, rapport and lasting relationships with business stakeholders, including engineers, end users and executives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak "tech speak" to techies, "lay speak" to laymen, and "business speak" to business leaders. Ability to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Strong facilitation, questioning and listening skills to ask right questions of individuals and groups to surface essential requirements information. Ability to listen to understand not only what people say, but what they mean, and to detect what they may be hesitant to say. Ability to think on your feet, to go beyond planned questions and respond to whatever input you hear from the people you are interviewing
- Familiarity with ITIL, ITSM and ITBM
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS