Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
HR CoordinatorLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166917BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media Group along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The successful candidate will be part of the CNN HR team that is respected for their competency in HR as well as the business. In this dynamic culture built around news & storytelling, the CNN HR team partners with leaders in CNN to maximize employee performance world-wide. What will you be doing?
The HR Coordinator is based in Atlanta, GA and is a key member of the team who will have exposure to multiple client groups and CNN platforms.
Only a daily basis, this role will:
- Assist the CNN HR team with projects and administrative tasks.
- Provide basic project management for HR initiatives such as the performance management process, budgets, training and development, new leader assimilation, and client events, including logistics for events including site selection, booking, catering, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating the paperwork required to hire and terminate temporary employees and interns.
- Support the process for on-boarding Temporary Employees:
- including verify the accuracy and completion of paperwork;
- coordinate the request for background checks and verification of employment;
- follow-up with candidates as needed to ensure completion;
- process new hire paperwork including creating documents and routing for approvals.
- Support HRBP with employee relations investigations.
- Serve as primary point of contact with the MyHR (shared services) team
- Must have a minimum of 3 years administrative experience in a corporate environment, supporting an HR team would be a plus.
- 4-year degree desired.
- Candidate must be collaborative, detail-oriented, resourceful and proactive; possess excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- The ability to prioritize, handle several projects simultaneously and work well with minimal supervision is essential, as is the demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS