CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Fall 2019 Intern - CNNe SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170149BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
- CNN en Español is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience. CNN en Español provides continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories.
- CNN en Español's Sports' interns have an opportunity to experience, learn, and have exposure to sports newsgathering and programming.
- Interns assist sports newsgathering by providing coverage support, game highlights, story research, and gathering video elements for edit.
- On the programming side, the interns may research story ideas, gather video and graphic elements for shows.
- Interns also assist the teams with basic production and administrative tasks.
- Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
- Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and English and seeking a career in broadcast journalism; should be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Turner's Students @ Work Internships are paid at minimum-wage and structured to last approximately 12 weeks.
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter.
- Students MUST be enrolled in school during the time of the internship.
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred).
- Interest in international news and newsgathering; multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset; knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of thefamily of powerhouse brands.
Fall 2019 program dates are September16th through December 6th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Note to international students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to the beginning of the internship if accepted to the program. Please note that due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Future semester internship postings will be available after the current semester positions have closed.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS