Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Fall 2017 Intern - Turner Sports Product MarketingLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158194BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to intern at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
The NBA Product Marketing intern will be responsible for supporting the digital products marketing team in various day to day tasks for NBA LEAGUE PASS, the NBA App, and TNT Overtime.
Assist with NBA LEAGUE PASS Social Media Outreach Program
- Search Twitter via NBA.com handle to find fans who follow NBA.com and engage with the account
- Search Twitter for NBA LEAGUE PASS subscribers
- Write copy and message approved followers to welcome them to the NBA LEAGUE PASS Community
- Manage shipping of premium swag to NBA LEAGUE PASS community
- Brainstorm ideas around rewarding our fans
- Assist with taking screen shots of marketing placements across NBA.com, NBA App, and partner connected devices (Apple, Amazon, Bleacher Report, Google, PlayStation, Roku, Xbox)
- Edit email templates using basic Photoshop skills
- Create engaging videos for NBA LEAGUE PASS social handles
- Format creative requests in Google Docs
- Work with editorial to ensure marketing slices are properly represented
- Attend and participate in marketing meetings related to position
- Social Media knowledge across all platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience (preferred); Photoshop and video editing experience, a plus
- Passion for sports is preferred, but not necessary
- Good vibes only
- 40 hours per week September-December
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.