CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Fall 2017 Intern - CNN Audience DevelopmentLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158314BR Apply Now
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
- The CNN Digital Audience Development team is responsible for tracking and optimizing content across different touch-points including, but not limited to, SEO, Social, Newsletters, partnerships, and paid distribution networks.
- With a detailed understanding of digital audience behaviors, the goal of the Audience Development team is to increase audience size, engagement and CNN Digital revenues.
What will you be doing?
- The Audience Development Intern will report to the Sr. Analyst of Audience Development on the Audience Development team at CNN Digital.
- Help to drive deep insights on digital audience segmentation for both existing and new audiences for CNN and its properties
- Assist in performing real time data analysis on audience trends & user behavior
- Be involved in synthesizing disparate information sources into actionable recommendations
- Learn and work in supporting editorial tools (e.g. social listening, real-time metrics)
What do we need from you?
- This internship is targeted to college juniors, seniors and graduate students with a concentration in Marketing, Journalism or related area of study, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Have a passion for data and can analyze content performance and audience behavior.
- Microsoft Excel skills is highly preferred- Exposure to, or knowledge of SEO, Social, and other digital data tools like Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Tableau, App Annie, Facebook Ad Manager, Outbrain, and MailChimp is a big plus- Knowledge of general website and analytics tools (Omniture preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- The ability to perform with a high degree of autonomy, demonstrate creativity and problem-solving skills and communicate complex messages to diverse audiences
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.