Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Fall 2017 Intern - Catch Sports InternLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158303BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to intern at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
What does our department do?
- Join the new Catch Sports team at Turner Sports. We are looking to change the way sports fans access and engage with live events.
- Our app recently launched, is currently live on several platforms and we're planning to expand its capabilities and features, while bringing live sporting events directly into the product.
- We are seeking candidates that are extremely passionate about sports and technology and eager to build and launch new products and services for fans in an entrepreneurial environment.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to help continue to build and operate our mobile app Catch Sports. This includes:
- Help manage and coordinate the product planning and execution of this new mobile application through all stages of its product life-cycle
- Compile and evaluate data crucial to the development of the app
- Learning the stages of Product Management and what it takes to successfully run a mobile app
- Assist with community management efforts
What do we require from you?
- A passion for sports
- Web and mobile savvy with technical aptitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to brainstorm, think outside the box, and turn to others for guidance and feedback
- Can work both independently and within a collaborative environment
- Comfortable in Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- Be surrounded by professionals who are passionate about their careers and are excited to share their experience
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.