Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Executive Producer, Documentary Unit (New York, NY or Atlanta, GA)Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 160867BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Executive Producer of the Documentary Unit is the leader of a group of approximately two dozen CNN employees who produce documentaries and instant news specials that vary in length from 30 minutes to two hours.
What will you be doing?
As the Executive Producer of the unit, this individual creates, assigns, and helps produce approximately 25-35 news specials or documentaries each year. The Executive Producer supervises assignments, exerts editorial control and creative leadership over the programming, and is expected to help produce and write specials and documentaries as both a supervisor and a participant in the work. Strong storytelling skills, the ability to quickly and capably edit others' scripts, and lead a diverse group of individuals with a varying level of editorial and production skills are all part of the Executive Producer's responsibilities. The Executive Producer of the unit is also a leader in personnel management, working with the Vice President of Programming to monitor performance, mentor creativity and writing skills, and oversee strict editorial and journalistic standards for the work.
What do we need from you?
- 10+ years experience in broadcast journalism, with much of that experience in long form storytelling and/or documentary production
- Experience writing and producing long form and/or documentary work is a must
- Strong journalistic skills and ethics are also required
- Several years of experience as a personnel manager preferred
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent industry experience
- Location will be in Atlanta, GA or New York, NY
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.