CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Executive Director, CNNI NewsgatheringLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170885BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Executive Director International Newsdesk role encompasses the current duties of the Senior Director of Coverage role with additional leadership responsibilities. Core DOC duties include: the global oversight and leadership of Newsgathering assets and editorial oversight while on point.
This senior executive serves throughout the week as the leader of the International Desk team and PoC for client management, risk management, and crisis management stateside. Working with Triad, they are the senior editorial leader and will ensure highest editorial standards are met. They will integrate all assignment information from our hubs and ensure smooth communications to our domestic and international tv and digital platforms.
The Executive Director will ensure consistency and continuity between the newsgathering hubs: Atlanta, Hong Kong, London, and Abu Dhabi with an emphasis on:
- Driving on the day editorial in collaboration with all platforms
- Ensuring highest standards of journalism and delivery of content as requested by all platforms
- PoC for senior executives as required - including assignments, editorial developments, crisis management and PR
- Ensuring the safety of all field teams in collaboration with Logistics Directors and SVP / VP Newsgathering
- Editorially and logistically supporting all field teams
- Poc for all compliance with Triad - legal, row and S+P
- Establishing successful workflows with key clients
- Coordinating newsdesk response to breaking news across the hubs
- Ensuring consistency of service across the desks
- Streamline communication systems and protocols between the Desks
- Ensure Desks follow the sun seamlessly for clients and field - responsibility for all dayside editorial functions, clearances, compliance and crisis management in the US and Latin America
- Financial management - acquisition of materials and assignment spending
- Deputizing for SVP Newsgathering where necessary
- This position reports into the SVP- CNNI Newsgathering
- The role directly manages NewsDesk Editors situated in the Atlanta hub and provide guidance and direction to Directors of Coverage in locations across the globe
- Field based experience, including field and package producing
- Seasoned experience with an international newsgathering operation
- Strong writing skills
- Foreign language skills a definite plus
- College degree
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS