Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Executive Assistant, Turner StudiosLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171801BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout Turner to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for Turner brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to Turner.
Turner Studios is looking for an incredibly resourceful, passionate and intelligent professional to provide unparalleled administrative support to the EVP & GM of Turner Studios.
Given the nature of a 24-hour media organization, the ideal candidate will thrive in a chaotic and stressful environment, maintaining order where there is disorder and providing structure each day for the EVP/GM. This highly organized and detail-oriented individual must also be flexible and accessible to the EVP/GM outside of the traditional 9-6 day. She/he will be passionate about the media industry with a hunger to learn from the many Studios professionals she/he will interact with daily. This candidate is a self-starter, always taking initiative and seeking to make things better during their 'free time' and never waits for assignments to be given. Resourcefulness is baked into this candidate's DNA. She/he won't necessarily have the answers immediately but will find solutions without being hand-held throughout the process. This individual will also have incredible communication skills, always keeping the EVP/GM up to speed at any given time.
This role will have access to some of the most senior executives within the company; therefore, we're looking for a polished and professional candidate who is unflappable when dealing with senior-level executives and their assistants, while also maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Support EVP/GM, Turner Studios in the following ways:
- Administrative Responsibilities –
- Perform a variety of administrative duties with minimal supervision including scheduling meetings (both large and small-scale), arranging travel plans, preparing/submitting expense reports, ordering office supplies, and answering phones.
- She/he will also prepare and distribute documents for meetings and draft written responses or reply by phone or e-mail when necessary on behalf of the EVP/GM.
- Coordinate the preparation of reports and PowerPoint decks for both internal and external audiences, as needed.
- Answer non-routine correspondence and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Maintain email distribution lists as well as organize departmental reports and information.
- Deal with a diverse group of external visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building & Communication –
- Build and maintain positive relationships among the disparate corporate teams that the EVP/GM interacts with throughout News & Sports, Entertainment, Warner Brothers and WarnerMedia.
- Develop great working relationships with direct reports of EVP/GM and their teams in order to gain a better understanding of the business as a whole and to help navigate the organization in an efficient manner.
- Facilitate departmental communication in a consistent, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain environment of openness, honesty and integrity, taking accountability for all assigned responsibilities and effectively communicating any issues along the way.
- Minimum BA/BS with 2+ years of experience in operations, communications, marketing or administrative assistant role.
- Strategic organization and prioritization skills (triaging essential tasks based on urgency and importance).
- A master of resourcefulness and agility, balancing multiple tasks with grace and sophistication.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in-person, on phone, email, write-ups).
- Must be comfortable in a professional creative organization dealing with powerful senior executives, strong personalities and colorful characters.
- Must be comfortable with extremely candid, direct communication.
- Effective listening skills (asking for more information to ensure comprehension).
- Creative problem-solving skills and sound judgement (making smart decisions based on deep understanding of larger impact to the rest of the team/organization).
- Discretion and confidentiality (handling private and personal information thoughtfully and with maturity).
- Demonstrated and proven ability to build relationships, working rapport and trust across organizations at different levels.
- Strong administrative skills.
- "Self-starter" attitude with the ability to excel in dynamic and stressful work environment.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are necessary.
- Must be comfortable with direct communication but also able to be charming and likeable under pressure.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS