CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Executive Administrative Asst for CNN SVPLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 163564BR Apply Now
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you a dynamic team player with excellent communication skills? The Executive Administrative Assistant is the primary point of contact for advanced, diversified and highly confidential support for the SVP talent negotiations for CNN. The position must become very knowledgeable of company policies, processes and procedures to efficiently and thoroughly meet the executive's needs. The position will regularly interact with the highest level of CNN management, on-air talent as well as high-profile external contacts such as agents and attorneys. The position must frequently liaise with other executive assistants within the organization, accounting, finance, human resources, travel and primary clients, acting as a 360-degree business resource.
This position will interface with executive offices not only within the organization but with external organizations as well. This position is responsible for maintaining negotiation history and notes, reading and summarizing contractor documents to include pulling talent appearances on internal websites. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize while handling a demanding, ever-changing calendar for the Executive. This individual must be able to effectively coordinate the Executive's schedule and all other necessary parties to ensure meetings and presentations are executed seamlessly. Candidate must be able to work with high profile Executives with ease.
Duties include a full range of executive business administrative support including, but not limited to:
- heavy calendaring with multiple parties
- heavy phone management
- prepare expense reports
- coordinate meetings
- make travel arrangements
- arrange conference calls
- gather or research information
- prepare presentations
- type correspondence
- respond to inquiries
- other duties/special projects as assigned. This position will interface with executive offices not only within the organization but with external organizations as well. Responsible for maintaining negotiation history and notes, reading and summarizing contractor documents to include pulling talent appearances on internal websites.
- 3 - 5 years of strong executive level support experience required.
- Business degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent desired.
- Must have the following skills sets or competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills and knows how to prioritize
- High level of diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possess superb integrity and professionalism
- Act proactively to meet the Executive's needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently in a high-stress environment
- Able to manage many projects/tasks at once with ease and poise
- Be reachable by cell phone after hours if needed and willing to work overtime
- Able to learn quickly learn and adapt to change regularly
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Have a positive attitude
- Good phone presence and managing phone traffic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and One Note
- Have strong attention to detail
- Prefer legal contract support experience
- News production and/or Business Affairs experience preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS