Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Engineer Manager, Network & SecurityLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170431BR Apply Now
We are part of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it’s like to work here! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
[adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans whenever and where ever they want it.
The Engineer Manager leads a group of 8-12 Systems Engineers. This senior professional provides expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of data network systems in a 24x7x365 broadcast production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and implementation, in addition to acting as a leader and/or mentor to other technical staff.
- Takes ownership of incident escalations within the general IT infrastructure ITIL Service area.
- Works in coordination with project managers on large projects in planning, execution and documentation phases.
- Automates solutions for common problems via scripting.
- Leads the development and maintenance of monitoring and automation systems to reduce the workload.
- Is a member and leader of the senior operational technical team and represents at least one specialty area; such as: data networking, firewalls, load balancers, network management and monitoring.
- This is a Monday-Friday nine to five role with on-call responsibilities.
- 10+ years experience in data networking and/or data security
- 3+ years experience automating tasks in at least one scripting language (perl, python, powershell, bash, etc.) desired
- 3+ years supporting highly integrated applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience managing high-level technical staff
- Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework (ticketing systems, change control procedures)
- Experience with application monitoring, analytics and complex troubleshooting
- Experience with VxLAN or Cloud Networking Technologies
- Experience with a major broadcaster is a definite plus
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation
- Ability to lead and mentor across teams
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS