Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Editor - Turner StudiosLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168087BR Apply Now
Can you edit like an agency?
Can you help elevate and sustain a premium level of creative for the promotion of late night, original and acquired series on TBS?
Then we want to hear from YOU!
At Turner Studios, we make content for some of the biggest and the best in the industry: TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV, Turner Sports and more. We work on shows, promos and everything in between. And right now, we have an opening.
Our Late-Night Editor will create content for a range of initiatives including promotion, marketing and programming across the TBS portfolio; this position specifically supports Full Frontal with Samantha Bee and Conan.
The Day to Day
- Bring strong conceptual ideas to life in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with fellow craftspeople and the network partners throughout the entire project life cycle (ideation - production - final delivery).
- Be given an idea/concept and come back quickly with "How about we try this?" over and over and over again. –
- Ready to grind in a quick turnaround environment.
- Work well in the Producer/Editor environment.
- Producer didn't come in with a line? No problem- you can write one.
- Have a finger on the pulse of new cultural trends.
- Actively collaborate with the team to develop concepts for the brand. Everything's always a work-in-progress!
- Collaboration is the key to success at Turner Studios. Sometimes that means listening to the partner's request and delivering on it, as asked; other times that means taking the initiative to flesh out an optional "what if…" scenario.
- Demonstrate advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, basic audio sweetening and color correction skills.
- Understand and execute intricate deliverables- including reformatting for social media.
- 5+ years of notable work experience editing in a commercial post-production or broadcast environment is required.
- No ego? Get one. But be able to collaborate easily and often.
- Display good judgement, maturity, and enthusiasm.
- Experience with deadline-oriented short-form work is critical.
- Flexible and adaptive to meet changing needs or direction.
- Must have working knowledge of editing and graphics applications including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Should also know third party plug-ins, multiple tape and file formats and related test equipment for digital video and audio.
- Knowledge of the TBS brand, current shows, etc.
- Forward thinker.
- A track record of success (and a portfolio or reel to prove it).
- Possess a solid sense for storytelling and design.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook & Instagram
- Familiarity with file management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Fundamental technical skills, with ability to troubleshoot and fix basic problems with edit systems.
- Proactive, detail oriented and flexible; working varying shifts as needed is required.
- It's totally acceptable to go out drinking Tuesday night and come in late on a Wednesday (but ONLY late starts on Wednesday).
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.SXSW2019#
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS