CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Editor/Producer-CNN (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172360BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The temporary Creative Services Editor/Producer position focuses on craft editing, specifically in the creation of daily content for CNNE air. Assignments also include graphic creation for show opens and packages, various forms of content for CNNE special programming, as well as traditional news elements.
The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing while adhering to defined editorial and journalistic standards. The position requires proficiency in After Effects, graphic creation skills, color correction, and basic audio sweetening. This is a temporary position which will be primarily assigned to CNNE; Spanish language skills are necessary.
- News production editing.
- Complex and creative graphic creation.
- Stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases).
- Collaboration on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking.
- Producing and creating visual elements (video and graphical).
- Distinctive storytelling.
- Metadata requirements The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial and creative expertise in editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects.
Training and Skill Enhancement:
- Continuous skill development on existing production platforms and training in the proficient use of emerging technology is expected.
- This will be accomplished through on-line training resources and company sponsored training, as well as utilizing external vendors when specialized training is required.
- There is an expectation of partner and peer collaboration regarding production projects and responsibilities (attending show meetings, story generation, scripting enhancements, video research and involvement with department workgroups focusing on improving workflows and communication).
- Equivalent of 5 years of experience in a professional news or sports environment, proven editorial judgment and 3 years of demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing.
- Familiarity with existing Creative Services tools: including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects and visual effects plug-ins such as Sapphire, Boris, Red Giant, and others.
- Bachelor's degree (typically in Liberal Arts such as journalism, technical production, English, political science, history or similar course work) or relevant professional work experience.
- The following attributes will be demonstrated by the successful candidate: thorough understanding of video production workflow, proficiency in file-based production environments, knowledge of editorial functions such as story pitching, field production, scripting, as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry.
- Assignments will be completed under news production deadlines, requiring flexibility with schedule/working hours.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS