Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Director,Technical Publisher OperationsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161259BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
Turner Broadcasting is one of the nation's largest media companies, delivering programming and original sports, news, and entertainment content to audiences globally. Currently, Turner manages the operations and delivery of our digital advertising across major markets domestically, aligned and responsible to each content vertical. In addition, our platform services group in Atlanta provides centralized support for our primary ad systems. In order to drive further efficiency and effectiveness in line with our initiatives, Turner is now recruiting a head of operations to spearhead these activities, based in our Atlanta Techwood Campus: The Director, Technical Publisher Operations is responsible for the successful instrumentation & implementation of Turner's ad systems across its digital portfolio; including web, mobile applications, over-the-top applications, social, live, and more.
What will you be doing?
- The role requires program management of major events, such as live sporting events, seasonal tentpoles, and simulcasts of breaking news.
- In support of these efforts, the Director will lead a team of specialists to develop, execute, and support these product launches.
- The Director, Technical Publisher Operations also provides support to the operations teams in New York, servicing our digital sales team.
- Specifically, the Operations team provides services to our clients and revenue opportunities to sales through campaign management, trafficking, creative quality control, campaign scheduling, order fulfillment, campaign optimization, and programmatic support.
- The Director, Technical Publisher Operations must be able to effectively partner, communicate, and collaborate with other business divisions, including developers, platform services, client services, yield management, project management, and the sales leadership team.
- The position requires a deep understanding of advertising technology, as well as a high level of creativity needed to craft solutions and business improvements.
- Most importantly, this role must develop processes and apply strict rigor to the manner in which ad products are supported and launched across our portfolio.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of related experience in digital operations, ideally within QA, technology, or program management.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Digital advertising experience, highly recommended.
- Demonstrated success in implementing, supporting, & troubleshooting systems for video and display advertising.
- Proficient in drafting business requirements, process flows, testing & quality control, training plans, support documentation, and resource planning.
- Strong leadership skills and success managing across teams.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees, partners.
- Strategic thinking; track record of creative and innovative approaches in supporting a team.
- Understanding of digital advertising and related systems, including DoubleClick, FreeWheel, highly beneficial.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.