Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Strategy & Business Operations - NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 166087BR Apply Now
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
The Director, Strategy & Business Operations will have responsibility for supporting the NBA Digital business operations, with a focus on our direct-to-consumer business (League Pass, etc). The role will focus on providing data driven insights to help scale subscriber and revenue growth. This role will be responsible for regularly convening a cross-functional team to review plans, priorities, goals, and manage issues & opportunities that face the business. A background with direct-to-consumer products and brands is critical – experience should include understanding consumer lifecycle (LTV), churn curves, cohort analysis, and DTC modeling. The Director will collaborate with a large team of resources dedicated to the business, including product, operations, marketing, finance, legal, content, creative, development, social media and PR.
- Create and own business plan, strategy, processes and objectives for League Pass. Focus on analytics to provide data-driven insights to scale and find growth opportunities. Help create subscription acquisition/retention roadmap, resource plans, analysis, status updates and budgets.
- Convene, collaborate and communicate regularly with cross-functional team to provide key information, ensure joint planning, coordinate activities, raise and solve issues and find opportunities – with internal stakeholders (product, ops, marketing, sales, research), with NBA DTC, with NBA distribution
- Collaborate with finance to lead monthly and annual subscription budget forecasting, weekly/monthly tracking of subs and managing League Pass reporting. Track and improve key metrics such as customer lifetime value and subscriber acquisition costs.
- Support business strategy for the NBA Digital business, including NBA.com, NBA App, and NBA League Pass. This includes the creation of strategic plans, communication of those plans to internal and external teams and development and tracking of key performance metrics.
- A strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem, with subscription acquisition and management experience
- Previous experience with a digital, subscription-based B2C role
- Progressive experience in a media, consumer facing digital brand or digital distribution role
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels. Strong communication and presentation skills a must
- Executive presence, demonstrated influencing skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong business judgment and ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS