Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Director, New Media OperationsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160108BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
This position is a leadership role within GTO that will focus on leading the company's operations and management of all digital media - VOD, TVE, SVOD, EST and emerging platforms. At its core this role is responsible for ensuring the delivery, success and ultimate fan experience for all of our customers on digital platforms for North America. This includes not only working cross-functionally within NATO and GTO to lead and execute on strategies and initiatives but also serve as subject matter and industry expert for our brands in terms of content delivery and best practices.
What will you be doing?
- Ideal candidate will be able to take advantage of the next next, being able to recommend, leverage, implement and manage technological advances in workflows and process; guaranteeing that the roadmap, the business and resource needs are married via technological stewardship.
- Provide product leadership for all digital assets, digital asset processing and delivery to both internal and external vendors.
- Using thought leadership, provide input to delivery roadmap and direct cadence based on needs of team.
- Provide a forward-looking approach to ensure the team is able to execute not only today but in the foreseeable future as well.
- Manage workflow to ensure maximization of capacity is met and provides best workload based on team members and cross pollination of skill sets using technology and processes to streamline and advance team management.
- Provide leadership for special events and stunts across digital platforms.
- With Director, Content Strategy oversee on-boarding process of new affiliates in order to ensure a seamless transition to day-to-day activity pipeline.
- Collaborate with counterparts, Network Partnership team, Content Supply Chain and BEST to ensure overall product reliability and value proposition is met if not exceeded.
- Responsible for the leadership and evolution of a team by hiring, recruiting, selecting, training and coaching employees.
- Leads a team of approximately 18-25 individuals as business needs dictate.
- Plans yearly budget needs for department and monitor and forecast.
- Utilizing data and analytics, proactively monitor delivery pipeline to direct team, brands and BEST regarding delivery of assets. Includes establishing best practices, common workflows, creating and refining SOPs and SLAs as necessary.
- Using the data will also work proactively with 3rd party vendors to identify any gaps in delivery processes, rectify and streamline processes.
What do we require from you?
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues, concepts and structures clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Extensive (10+ years) experience with file based workflows, digital media production.
- Media analytics and logistics.
- In-depth understanding of metadata specifications, mezzanine delivery, ingest formats, transcoding and IP pipeline maximization.
- Extensive working knowledge of digital media video production and technology.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.