Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Director, Editorial Content - NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166041BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
NBA Digital is in need of an accomplished editorial leader to coordinate NBA news coverage across all digital platforms. This includes supervising nightly game coverage during the heart of the NBA season, assigning stories to writers and producers, helping in the creation of coverage plans for major NBA events, and editing staff-written stories from the field. This position will ensure that NBA Digital's news gathering efforts are presented accurately and smartly on all digital platforms, including NBA.com, NBA Mobile and the NBA apps. Additionally this position will be integral in growing relationships internally and externally, in an effort to strategically provide quality content. This position will interact regularly with NBA TV Managing Editors, NBA multimedia producers, the Interactive Executive Producer and the VP of NBA Content and Operations.
A successful candidate for this position must have deep knowledge of the NBA and its history as well as a strong understanding of basketball in general. Candidates must also have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in media (sports preferred)
- 5 years in a supervisory/leadership role
- Familiarity with all digital and social platforms
- Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recognize significant news as it happens
- Ability to communicate with NBA Digital executives as well as with league partners
- Exceptional word-editing skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be willing to work nights and some weekends
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS