Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Director, Data Technology - Turner SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167991BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The vision of the Data Strategy and Insights department is to expand Turner Sports' use of data and insights to enhance our ability to deliver great fan experiences, strengthen the core business and support new revenue streams. The Director, Data Technology will determine, develop and oversee proper technical solutions for the Turner Sports Data Strategy team. They will work heavily with GTO and the corporate data strategy and data science teams to develop tools, methods and solutions for Turner Sports use.
- Partner with senior leadership to determine technical areas of focus in support of strategic priorities.
- Establish and maintain Turner Sports data technology roadmap including an actionable prioritization process and methodology.
- Execute against completed data strategy assessment and recommendation to implement new processes and capabilities.
- Establish best practices for all core components of data technology within Turner Sports Hire and manage a combination of direct and indirect support personnel including, but not limited to Data architecture lead, data engineer(s), product analytics implementation specialist, data operations team.
- Partner with corporate and relevant vendors to facilitate discussions, evaluate solutions and expand strategic relationships.
- Develop and implement plan for workflow integration, in partnership with relevant partners.
- Ensure alignment with other key technology and business stakeholders & functions.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Information Technology or Information Management.
- 3+ years leading delivery of delivering IT solutions.
- 3+ years demonstrated technical experience in Big Data Platforms & Solutions, Advanced Analytics & Machine Learning, Cloud Data Lakes, Data Visualization and Reporting.
- Proven hands-on experience in developing and implementing data analytics solutions across a large, complex organization.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing using Snowflake as well as experience in creating business intelligence solutions using Looker, Business Objects, Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience working with technology tools, including SQL, relational databases, BI, data visualization, reporting.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent in Information Technology related field. Master’s in computer science or related engineering field preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS