CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, CommunicationsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160989BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Turner Content Distribution (TCD) is responsible for the distribution and marketing of Turner’s 10 domestic cable networks – TBS, CNN, HLN, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, CNN International, CNN en Español, Boomerang and truTV – to all traditional and emerging distribution partners throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Communications, this newly created position will help strategically guide the public relations practices on behalf of Turner Content Distribution.
The Director of Communications will be a key figure in the development and implementation of media relations campaigns that will consistently drive positive exposure for business initiatives across all media platforms, including both traditional and non-traditional outlets.
What will you be doing?
- Generate positive stories in both traditional and non-traditional media on behalf of Turner's content distribution efforts, including affiliate contract renewals, OTT launches, SVOD partnerships, TV Everywhere, digital innovations and affiliate marketing deals
- Manage executive communications for senior level leaders, including securing speaking opportunities at key conferences
- PR oversight & consumer relations for Turner Podcast Network and Turner Private Networks (Turner's out-of-home businesses)
- Strong relationships with key business and trade press relationships across multiple disciplines including entertainment, technology, financial, etc.
- Candidate must have strong business and trade press relationships across multiple platforms – media, digital, technology, financial, entertainment, etc.).
- Candidate must have on-the-job or experience and/or very strong knowledge of the media or digital entertainment industry
- Possess the ability/willingness to collaborate across groups and disciplines.
What do we require from you?
- 8-10 years’ work in corporate/digital/technology media relations or investor relations.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the media industry and specifically the OTT, SVOD and digital marketplace
- Experience defining and writing corporate messaging in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a corporate spokesperson.
- Experience managing and working with senior level executives.
- Extensive, proven relationships with business media
- Experience in client services, project management, and negotiating positive outcomes.
- Experience working with high-level executives on confidential projects.
- Experience with developing press relationships across multiple platforms (entertainment, technology, financial, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably with a concentration in Communications, Journalism, English
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.