Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Communications - Turner SportsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 156179BR Apply Now
Turner Sports, a division of Turner, is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, ELEAGUE and professional golf. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across broadband and mobile platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated Team Stream app, NCAA.com and the critically acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com. For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
- Reporting directly to the Vice President of Communications, this newly created leadership position will help strategically guide the public relations practices on behalf of Turner Sports – including ELEAGUE, the professional esports organization launched last year – and its extensive portfolio of premium sports content
- The Director of Communications will be a key figure in the development and implementation of public relations campaigns, as well as consistently driving positive exposure for content initiatives, shows, on-air commentators and executives across all media platforms
- This role will be responsible for the development of public facing materials including press releases and media kits, key award submissions, as well as message points for key internal constituents
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in social media and forward thinking about opportunities to incorporate the latest technology and tools into publicity functions
- The Director of Communications will be a spokesperson on behalf of the division and will help spearhead on-site publicity initiatives at marquee sporting events, conferences, etc. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast paced environment that requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires an independent, strategic and creative thinker with strong media relationships and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across a wide variety of groups and disciplines. Leadership competencies should include a capability to manage direct reports, harness their capabilities and provide an environment that fosters professional growth
- This position requires travel surrounding key industry events, as well as evenings and weekends associated with a live sports calendar
- May be responsible for hiring, leading, developing and overseeing a team
- 8+ years of public relations experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Forward thinking
- Team oriented with upstanding leadership competencies
- Excellent judgment and problem solving capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar field
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.