Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, ATL Tech OpsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 156826BR Apply Now
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
- Direct live and taped shows and/or presentations, remote or in a studio, which includes show design and format, set design, lighting, blocking, graphics, show changes, music, sight survey and set-up.
- Supervise or act as Director/TD for any show preproduction.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in the annual performance evaluations of technical and editorial staff.
- Document highlights and lowlights via daily show/shift reports.
- Assist ops manager to ensure client needs during day to day production.
- Supervise the technical crew assigned to live and taped telecasts and/or presentations.
- Inform and advise the technical crew of show needs.
- Meet with Editorial staff members prior to the show for the purpose of daily and future planning.
- Inform and advise the Editorial staff.
- Take responsibility (as scheduled) for major needs for shows (set changes, new graphics look, etc.).
- Able to be flexible to be pulled off show production for meetings with graphics, execs and travel (liaison with creative directors and shows.
- Work with network/show leads on planning and executing changes for sets, new graphic looks, new shows.
- Meets with Network Creative Director or Manager at least twice a year to discuss issues and improvements that can be made with network/show looks and further advice.
Minimum experience requirements include:
- Five years Industry experience directing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field.
- Most applicants have Master's or Bachelor degrees in Journalism or communications (other degrees are considered).
- Applicants should have at least 3 to 4 years technical directing and/or directing experience.
- Candidate should have a news background and watches television news and reads information relevant to news on a weekly basis.
- Significant industry experience directing in a live news environment and significant industry experience as a Technical Director in a live news environment.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.