CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, Analytics and InsightsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169154BR Apply Now
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Job Location New York City or Atlanta CNN is seeking a resourceful analytics oriented Director who will be instrumental in fostering a culture of data informed decision-making. This individual should be self-motivated, work well independently and as part of a team, and be passionate about what he or she does.
The Director will create analytic solutions, onboard new data sets and breakdown audience for the digital business. They will be a data governance champion and work with other teams to refine data quality and metric variances, drive a data driven culture. This role will report to the VP of Business Operations.
- Build & lead CNN Digital Business Insights team, which includes segmenting audience, valuation of audience cohorts and platforms
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion; be focused and result-driven
- Manage and prioritize reporting requests and new data ingestion
- Create and hand off operational reporting while evolving analytics to bring automation and insights Data Management
- Work with internal or external data partners to process, organize, and connect various data sources, ranging from ad server data, audience analytics data, performance marketing data, third-party revenue, off-platform revenue, etc.
- Define and validate data by working with business partners to ensure data quality and the alignment with company-wide data logic/naming conventions
- Reporting - Work with cross-functional teams to gather data, reporting, and analysis needs; apply critical thinking to either create new long-term solutions or support one time only ad hoc requests when needed; stay informed of changing business rules to maintain up-to-date and great quality reports and analyses
- Evaluate existing and develop new metrics, reports, and dashboards for various internal audiences; apply both quantitative disciplines and creativity to translate data into actionable insights through data visualization, behavioral pattern recognition, predictive modeling, etc.
- Cross-Functional Support - Frequently connect with data/report consumers to understand ever-changing business trends/technologies, train new business team members to use data/reports, share new analytic development, etc.
- Self-start data exploration and propose new data/analytic opportunities that could potentially grow business, improve operational efficiency, or create new product offerings
- Contribute to overall company data/analytics strategies by supporting cross training and knowledge sharing, as well as encouraging data-driven decision making process
- Understanding of Data Engineering, Data Governance, Data Modeling, ETL and the ability to mine new data sources (API or web scraping)
- BA/BS degree in Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
- Minimum five years of experience in data/analytics
- Experience with Looker, Domo, QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, or any other BI tools; familiarity with SQL, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Redshift, etc.), database, table design, joins, data aggregation, data validation, etc.
- Excellent logical thinker who is able to identify, articulate, and resolve data related issues
- Self-starter, comfortable initiating projects from design to execution with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and present issues, project progress, and analysis results
- A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical capacity/problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with digital media data, either web or mobile
- Advanced degree in Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- Professional or graduate school level experience with building statistical or data mining models to recognize patterns, define associations, score past performance/behavior, predict future performance/behavior, etc. using Python StatsModel, Scikit-Learn, R, or other open source modeling tools
- Experience with data integration or ETL processing related projects
- Experience with writing Python scripts - Experience with using Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Parquet, or other Big Data storing/processing/computing systems
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS