Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Data Operations Specialist/HRISLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167038BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Media has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
The Data Ops Specialist's primary role is to process all data entry transactions related to hires, separations, and data changes with the highest level of accuracy to support data integrity throughout the company's global HR and HRIS systems.
- Process and administer data transactions of HR data related to hires, changes, promotions, transfers, and separations as outputs of self-service and other HR processes.
- Responsible for running basic queries and conducting data audits.
- Use advanced knowledge and analytical skills to suggest and implement process improvements. This includes:
- Partnering with HR Technology Teams to support designing and user acceptance testing of enhancements or application changes to various HR Systems.
- To guide clients and troubleshoot issues, assist in managing the resolution of application issues/questions; diagnosing problems and coordinating corrective action.
- Create training materials, maintain knowledge articles, and deliver training to colleagues.
- Responsible for providing exemplary customer service and interaction including answering calls from employees or clients and communicating via email to resolve inquiries or determine the need for escalated support and care.
- Collaborate and consult with regional Data Operations Teams to share best practices, troubleshoot issues specific to data entry and stay informed of domestic and international processes to serve as backup to International data ops when required
- Facilitate conversations and work activity specific to onboarding and integration of employee data elements of new acquisitions. This includes developing repeatable project plans and templates.
- Training new employees and other clients on processes related to employee data management in PeopleSoft HCM.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the purpose and function of related HR data systems, including Salary Planning, Manager & Employee Self Service, HRDC Framework, etc., in order to ensure employee data elements within those systems is aligned
- Partner with Internal Audit to Interpret and fulfill ongoing SOX and other Compliance requests.
- Facilitate discussions and collaborate with all major clients including Talent Acquisition, Finance, Time Warner and HR business partners.
- Must understand the confidential nature of HR data and adhere to all Company and Service Center policies related to confidentiality and security of personal information when processing all transactions and addressing client inquiries.
- 2+ years of experience in an employee service center-oriented environment.
- HR experience a plus. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong base of analytical skills to continuously find new ways to increase data collection and processing efficiency.
- Proficient with advanced Excel techniques, including v-lookup, macros and other "cleanup" methods to help focus on data integrity.
- Quick learner, focused attention to detail, ability to work independently yet not hesitant to ask questions/for help.
- Proven customer focus and ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM, SilkRoad Onboarding or similar HRIS systems preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS