Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Cross Platform Production Assistant, I+S Production Services ContentLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158506BR Apply Now
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This is our story. We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. Join CNN's exclusive Image+Sound team!
What part will you play?
The Production Services Cross Platform Production Assistant is on the front lines of logging, identifying, and producing sound while adhering to the highest editorial & journalistic standards.
- The Cross Platform Production Assistant will view video and create descriptive narratives of visuals and sound that result in shot sheets or transcripts for key video assets.
- You will collaborate with senior Image+Sound staff to help prioritize content for all CNN's platforms.
- You will support CNN's television and digital platforms daily.
- You will often be the first set of eyes and ears on critical new elements.
- The CPPA will have the opportunity to gain and demonstrate sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities.
- You will have the chance to participate in growth and development opportunities.
- You will have a front row seat to the biggest news stories in our time.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting daily production across all CNN's platforms.
- Log key news events. -Monitor video assets and provide accurate logs, shot-sheets, and transcripts.
- Locate and enter essential metadata fields for the production and preservation of key video.
- Communicate with producers, newsgathering leaders, field producer, reporters and others to help identify on relevant information about the video you will log.
- Identify people, places, and technical quality.
- Learning about top news stories and learning from seasoned professionals, to help you advance your career.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred: (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
- A strong curiosity for current and historic events
- A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
- Typing skills (You must average 38-45 words per minute)
- Command of the English language.
- Ability to understand a variety of accents
- Willingness to stay focused for long periods of time while working in a noisy fast-paced newsroom environment
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.