CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
PKG Writer/ProducerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 173947BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Join CNN's inclusive Image+Sound team! As a member of Image+Sound you'll be part of a group focused on excellence. You'll work to develop yourself and discover ways to release your creativity. In Image+Sound, we work hard and we play hard.
The Cross Platform Producer/Package writer is part of Image+Sound's Production Services unit. Production Services provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN's storytelling.
As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The Production Services Cross Platform Producer is an editorially solid journalist who delivers crafted news pieces daily for CNN worldwide. What part will you play? The Production Services Cross Platform Producer for CNN, CNNI, CNNE and HLN will join a team of fellow producers who enjoy conceptualizing, writing and producing original content for use by CNN's TV and Digital platforms.
- Writing and producing day-of news packages on tight and crashing deadlines for CNN's political and primetime news programs including The Lead with Jake Tapper, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, Erin Burnett OutFront and Anderson Cooper 360.
- Producing news packages and interview segments for other CNN networks including CNNI and HLN.
- Overseeing edits from conception to air:
- Communicating a clear vision with your editor
- Organizing video and graphical elements
- Assuring content meets CNN editorial standards
- Communicating with show teams, field producers and correspondents throughout edit
- Writing and producing daily news briefings for CNN's digital voice platforms.
- Field producing on occasion.
- We are looking for a storyteller and a creative individual. Someone who is continuously searching for new and engaging ways to present information and who has the producing and writing skills to make those ideas come to life.
- Serious interest in political news: the story of the day, the nuances, an understanding of the key players, and how to break it down for our audience in daily package production.
- Producers are expected to write and produce day-of packages on tight deadlines.
- Fluent Spanish speaker desired but not required. Other language skills are highly valued.
- This position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task.
- Social media savviness and an understanding of social content to identify and produce stories that will help grow CNN's audience across all platforms.
- 5+ years of professional experience and 3+ experience working with newsroom show teams, field teams, and in alignment with creative departments such as editing, animation and graphics is desired.
- Bachelor's degree or similar demonstrated on-the-job experience.
- Must be able to work extended/flexible/floating schedule as the news cycle and business needs require.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- 2018 Best Company forDads
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brandslike HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS