Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Counsel, CNNLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170735BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia is seeking a dynamic media content attorney with passion for journalism and new forms of storytelling for a position as Counsel to CNN.
- Primary responsibilities will include providing pre-publication legal advice concerning First Amendment/defamation, newsgathering, privacy, copyright, FOIA/access, reporter's privilege and other media law matters for television and digital platforms
- There will also be periodic client education responsibilities
- The position is based in Atlanta, and some travel may be required
- Minimum of two to five years of experience with a top tier law firm or similar in-house legal department
- Strong interpersonal communication and client relationship building skills
- A high level of confidence and flexibility in making independent decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent academic credentials and solid references a must
- Ideal candidate would have experience in advising media on newsgathering issues and pre-publication vetting of content
- Other news or media law experience a plus, such as defending media clients in First Amendment and/or intellectual property litigation
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS