Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Communications SpecialistLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167461BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Communications Coordinator will support Turner's Global Chief Communications and Corporate Marketing Officer with day-to-day communications support. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities at one time. This role will help support internal and external communication projects, as well as some administrative work.
What sets you apart?
You are a storyteller at heart and appreciate creativity. You are a self-starter, tenacious - yet kind, and you know how to work well with others. You have excellent organizational skills, are a critical thinker and problem solver. Others would describe you as an easy-going spirit with an ability to stay calm and focused during stressful situations. You are trustworthy and respectful of confidential information, and diplomatic in executive environments.
The Day to Day:
- Track and analyze media coverage of the company.
- Provide research and other support for developing/implementing strategic public relations, media relations, advertising and digital marketing plans, campaigns and media pitches.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date media lists, publication databases, media kits, meeting agendas/reports, client reporting, etc.
- Communication support including written content, feature stories, press releases, media materials, social media content, ad copy, brochure copy, and client correspondence.
- Compose correspondence (e.g., memos, e-mails, letters, responses to requests and inquiries) on behalf of CCO and/or as needed.
- Manage special projects as designated and maintains accurate records and files for easy retrieval when information is requested or needed.
- Make preparations for department, staff and other meetings including creating agendas, preparing any meeting materials and or presentations, assembles packets of information as needed and ensures CCO has all prep info and required meeting materials.
- Prepare, proofread, verify and assemble information for reports and compose correspondence to include PowerPoint, handouts, presentations or meeting materials.
- Assist with internal communications with staff as well as communications with client groups.
- Transcribe meeting notes into action items.
- Prepare excel budget sheets and meeting power points.
- Serve as a backup to the Executive Assistant to the CCO as necessary.
- Perform general administrative tasks (printing, faxing, copying, managing inventory and ordering supplies)
- Support Exec Admin in determining importance of meeting requests and help with scheduling accordingly.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience in a communications or executive assistant role
- Passion for communications or marketing
- Exceptional working relationships with executives, staff, external associates, and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to easily and effectively juggle many priorities and competing demands.
- Self-motivated and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details.
- Professional and courteous communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer literacy in a variety of Microsoft and web based programs.
- Highly dependable and trustworthy and able to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Protect the Company and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS