CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Colorist - Turner StudiosLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172500BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout Turner to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for Turner brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to Turner. For more on who we are and what we do, check out this virtual tour: https://f.io/0yGMF6iF
We're looking for a creative, strategic Colorist who is comfortable with pushing boundaries, while understanding how to drive the creative image of the brand through the use of color and compositing. Working under the guidance and collaboration of Turner Studios and network producers and creatives, the Colorist is trusted to lead high profile projects, elevating concepts through independent thinking, strategic perspective and inspirational composite and color treatments. The Colorist will find inspiration across all channels and industries, while executing with a refined aesthetic that allows for clean, elegant and contemporary finishing work. Interested? Read on…
- Develop and apply original or legacy color schemes with a creative eye to craft a stylized, visually cohesive piece. It's all about enhancing the brand story!
- Composite multiple layers of assets to create a balanced image, including blending live action; modify practical elements that enhance and richen the composition and storytelling.
- Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Manage external sources relating to color/composite issues.
- Maintain stewardship of partner's look, tone and feel.
- Create a range of ideas and looks to ensure the visual presentation supports the concepts.
- Manage multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers.
- Maintain file-management system, using consistent naming conventions and existing procedures.
- Demonstrate risk taking and innovation to push creative skills.
- Work effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers.
- MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/PORTFOLIO OF CURRENT WORK
- Demonstrate an expertise in color system and compositing system knowledge including Davinci Resolve, After Effects, Photoshop, Nuke, along with corresponding third-party plug-in sets.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in fast-paced environment; BS or BA in a related field preferable
- Strong command of composition, color theory, design thinking and the psychological effect of color.
- In-depth knowledge of cameras and cinematography.
- Ability to develop and articulate a composite concept and demonstrate creative thinking with a clear process.
- Knowledge of file formats.
- Foundational knowledge of motion techniques, animation, and filmmaking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a passion and drive for excellence.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, high performing team environment.
- Awareness of the entertainment and sports broadcast industry.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Bottom line: this is an opportunity to support a world-class, award-winning team. This is your chance to craft the tone and mood of broadcast and digital content. If that sounds about right, apply now.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS