CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
CNNE Row Intern - Summer 2017Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 155279BR Apply Now
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Row is the editorial quality-control clearinghouse for CNN's original reporting. Located in the main Atlanta newsroom, The Row is one of CNN's key editorial nerve centers. The Row executive producers sign off on each TV package and original web offering. Researchers on The Row fact-check each script before it is cleared for edit. The Row is a high pressure environment, where attention to detail, and care is highly valued. This highly sought-after internship is most valuable for its intense and up-close view of the day-to-day editorial process. If you want to learn how the sausage is made, this is the internship for you.
What will you be doing?
Interns may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as learning how The Row researches, adds context and nuance to packages in production, as well as helps check facts in scripts for air and online.
What do we need from you?
- Should be interested in pursuing a career as a reporter, editor or producer.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills - applicants must know Spanish.
- The newsroom is an extremely fast-paced environment and information must be conveyed concisely and quickly.
- Candidates should possess solid reporting and research skills (web, phone, etc.), and be enthusiastic about both.
- Candidates should also be extremely well versed in current events, aware and interested in domestic and international news.
- Curious self-starters have excelled in the past.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2017 program dates are June 5th through August 11th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students m
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.