CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
CNN Library Intern - Summer 2017Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 155240BR Apply Now
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
- Video interns will work with CNN's archive collection through such projects as applying metadata to archived footage, working with bureau field tape collections, and learning about videotape preservation.
- The video interns will assist archive librarians on our video reference desk, providing video research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
- Editorial research interns will participate in various projects using a variety of subscription-based databases, traditional reference sources, and the Internet.
- They will help on our reference desk, providing information research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
- Students must currently be enrolled in or interested in pursuing a degree from an ALA-accredited master's program in library or information studies, or archiving.
- Candidates should have an interest in information studies and journalism, and should be a highly motivated self-starter who is adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Candidates must have superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent current events awareness.
- Ability to work independently and creatively and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously a must.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are a top priority.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2017 program dates are June 5th through August 11th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.