CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
CNN Digital Needs Technical ManagersLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170724BR Apply Now
CNN Digital - We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is hiring Technical Manager(s)! We are expanding our technical teams and are looking for leadership to support the developers on the team and partner with our cross-functional (xF) Product, Delivery and Design leads. The Technical Manager will advise on technical solutions in the area of consumer experience that they represent (Web, Politics, Mobile) and lead the team toward future initiatives at CNN, such as Storytelling, Data Integrations and Elections 2020!
- Manage a team of developers directly (5+ developers) and provide technical guidance to individuals and other peers.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth of direct reports.
- Work with cross functional team(s) and provide technical guidance in alignment with engineering standards defined by technical leadership.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production.
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
- Conducting interviews, hiring and onboarding new developers.
- Manage on-call schedules and weekly check-ins with global support team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
- 2+ years directly managing or leading a team(s) of developers.
- Good soft skills. Has proven mentoring and growing others in career.
- Cross Functional team exposure – has worked previously with Product, Design, QA and Delivery leads in professional career.
- Cloud Technology, AWS, Docker and CI/CD experience.
- Full Stack development experience. Can help onboard and provide support to developers as they learn in their career.
- Has experience interviewing and hiring for technology professionals.
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred.
Last, but most important is our team ethos. Take a read and if the above is your skill set and the below are your values then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Exhibit positivity
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun
- Act now, don’t hesitate
- Own our destiny
- Don’t let people down—including ourselves
- Achieve and celebrate success together
- Push forward, fail up
- Ask questions, challenge assumptions
- Quality is job one
- Good ideas flow all ways
- Communication is what the listener does
- Respect goes in all directions
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS