Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
CG Artist-Entertainment, Sports, NewsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 174229BR Apply Now
Turner Studios is an in-house creative production organization within WarnerMedia that's designed to support nearly every aspect of the fan experience on behalf of all of WarnerMedia’s brands. Our teams of artists and craftspeople work closely to produce a huge variety of content and fan experiences each year, primarily from our 300,000-square-foot facility in midtown Atlanta. Who are we? What do we do? What does campus look like? Join us on this virtual tour: vimeo.com/tsatl/tour and get a sneak peak of the type of award-winning services this team is able to crank out: https://vimeo.com/tsatl/capabilities.
We're looking for a CG Artist who is one part creative, one-part strategy…someone who's comfortable with pushing boundaries, all while driving the creative image of our brands through the use of CGI techniques.
Working under the guidance and collaboration of Turner Studios and network creatives, the CG Artist is trusted to lead high profile projects, elevating concepts through independent thinking, strategic perspective and inspirational CG treatments. The CG Artist will work across ALL our network brands, executing with a refined aesthetic, and demonstrating a strong ability to create clean, elegant and contemporary work.
Here's an idea of the quality level and type of work this role would be working on: https://vimeo.com/374764396/9542585c14
Think you have what it takes to hit the ground running and help tell our stories with CGI techniques? Let's see it! Include a link on your resume to CG work samples when you apply.
- Articulate concept visually with multiple options and personal perspective
- Work independently to achieve objectives and design components of projects while working effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers
- Maintain stewardship of project's look, tone and feel
- Manage multiple projects and mentor junior peers
- Provide exceptional work in short timeframes, managing time efficiently while multi-tasking across different projects
The stories we tell aren't always told during bankers' hours, or in a 40-hour work week - you've got to be all in! Keep in mind, though, work/life balance is incredibly important to our teams plus we're a flexible bunch.
Who You Are
- MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE. Please include a link on your resume when applying.
- *Tip*-worked on anything in the sports realm? Include it! Any promos, sizzles, short form, long form, etc., for big entertainment brands scripted or unscripted? Let's check it out! Showcase your TOP pieces that help show us why YOU would be the best creative for this role.
- You have 5+ years in a related field with at least two years of relevant experience in a collaborative, high performing team environment
- You're an expert in CG digital content creation tools, including Maya, V-Ray, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, along with corresponding third-party plug-ins.
- Familiarity and/or ability with Substance Painter/Designer is a plus, as is SideFX Houdini and Arnold renderer.
- You have a strong command of composition, color theory, and design thinking
- You're knowledgeable about cameras and cinematography and know how to work with getting different file formats received and/or delivered back to edit
- You're no newbie when it comes to motion techniques, animation, and filmmaking
- You take a creative leadership approach delivering high quality results even when the stakes are high
- You knock it out of the park when it comes to clear, concise communication skills whether its written or verbal and can tailor and present your ideas to a wide variety of audiences
- You’re an expert multi-tasker who can shift between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles under pressure
- You’re cool as a cucumber, with a positive can-do attitude, and are ready to roll up your sleeves when demand is high
- You're self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- You're able to work flexible hours as needed
Bottom line: this is an opportunity to support a world-class, award-winning team in crafting the tone and mood of broadcast and digital content. If that sounds like your dream job, then let's talk!
- Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
- Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
- Fantastic paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers AND Dads
- An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like HBO, CNN, WB, TBS, TNT, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and more!
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, Turner Sports, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS