CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - News & AlertsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170567BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on , and .
Can you craft a notification or headline to make any story interesting? Do you have a thirst for news and knack for making it understandable to regular folks? Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story? Are you cool under pressure and creative? Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives? Then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team. We take the extraordinary content of CNN -- from text to videos to interactives -- curate and organize them for CNN's own digital platforms, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
Programming associate producers are obsessed with finding that perfect alert, headline, image and curation of stories. They worry about homepages, article pages and section fronts. They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members -- producers, editors and senior editors -- to make sure the needs are met. They will focus on CNN's hot-seat programming duties, including writing the audience-friendly notifications we send via @cnnbrk, email, browser and app.
- This position will require a high degree of flexibility with hours, and a willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Programming associate producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling and essential journalism seen and shared. To that end, they think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute.
- They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing and work to ensure CNN is meeting its revenue goals.
- You may contribute to the conception and planning of programming for short- and medium-term projects.
- You help execute those projects, watching a wide range of audience data closely, optimizing content as needed.
- They have a knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc -- across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
- They suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
- Typically 3 or more years of related experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to Generate and pitch ideas.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for
- 2018 Best Company for
- An to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS